Ferry for Lake Kivu, Rwanda
This project involved conceptual feasibility study for water transport on Lake Kivu, Rwanda.
As no infrastructure was present, all developments were to be foreseen. The project was to cover both passenger and cargo transport, on a daily basis between the main cities surrounding the lake.
Scope of Work
- Feasibility study for water transport on Lake Kivu
- Concept Design of vessel, including:
- Weight estimate
- Power calculations
- HVAC calculations
- Modular composite construction in Europe, assembled/commissioned on site.
- Concept Design of port facilities
- Economic feasibility and route analysis